My blood

I still bleed
blood shed from the pain
nothing felt but disdain
for myself and life around me
Is this all that I will ever amount to be?
A woman eternally in mourning
All I've ever known is enduring
Endure the pain
Endure betrayal
and Endure sorrow
Perhaps life will get better
tomorrow
but tomorrow never comes
My mind recalls the other ones
Who chose to abuse, abandon and
break me down
As time moves forward
I understand why they chose to let me drown
I am beautiful but flawed,
Intelligent but odd,
at times my anger gets the best of me
And the darkness of the world consumes the
rest of me
In a world where everyone is out for self gain
No one will take interest in a being who is
already drained
Drained of hope and drained of energy
and somehow I know that
more torment awaits me.

Love,
-Callie

Comments

Post a Comment